BioShock Infinite Announced: A BioShock Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingmatt

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Why can't something like this be ported to linux ?[/citation]

Because linux isn't worth the directx > opengl conversion time.

gshauger

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
[citation][nom]dingmatt[/nom]Because linux isn't worth the directx > opengl conversion time.[/citation]

Which explains why it isn't on the PS3...oh wait

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I wasn't thrilled at all when I first watched the trailer... But after reading more and watching the trailer a couple more times along with some interviews i'm pretty pumped. Bioshock 1 is currently my favorite game of all time, and while I didn't want to see anything based around Bioshock at all, we'll see how this turns out...

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Why can't something like this be ported to linux ?[/citation]

Until they do start porting these things, theres always WINE, or as a last resort, you can always dual-boot. Probably not what you want to hear, but at least its an option if you really want to play the game badly enough.

gshauger

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
[citation][nom]scooterlibby[/nom]Thank God for a new engine! Bioshock 2 looked so stale.[/citation]

You're joking right? It used the Unreal 3 engine. That's as cutting edge as you're gonna get on the 360/PS3.

G

Bioshock still to me seems like a cheep rip of the Systemshock games.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I'm really skeptical about a floating city. but whatever I'm over it. I just hope this doesn't become an American flag waving game like so many others are these days. (Modern Warfare 2, I'm looking at you)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS