BioShock Infinite Announced: A BioShock Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingmatt

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Why can't something like this be ported to linux ?[/citation]

Because linux isn't worth the directx > opengl conversion time.

gshauger

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
[citation][nom]dingmatt[/nom]Because linux isn't worth the directx > opengl conversion time.[/citation]

Which explains why it isn't on the PS3...oh wait

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
I wasn't thrilled at all when I first watched the trailer... But after reading more and watching the trailer a couple more times along with some interviews i'm pretty pumped. Bioshock 1 is currently my favorite game of all time, and while I didn't want to see anything based around Bioshock at all, we'll see how this turns out...

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]nevertell[/nom]Why can't something like this be ported to linux ?[/citation]

Until they do start porting these things, theres always WINE, or as a last resort, you can always dual-boot. Probably not what you want to hear, but at least its an option if you really want to play the game badly enough.

gshauger

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
[citation][nom]scooterlibby[/nom]Thank God for a new engine! Bioshock 2 looked so stale.[/citation]

You're joking right? It used the Unreal 3 engine. That's as cutting edge as you're gonna get on the 360/PS3.

G

Bioshock still to me seems like a cheep rip of the Systemshock games.

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I'm really skeptical about a floating city. but whatever I'm over it. I just hope this doesn't become an American flag waving game like so many others are these days. (Modern Warfare 2, I'm looking at you)

Status
Not open for further replies.