BioWare: We Can't Fix Tiny Text on Your TV

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]has it occured to you that some people got a really nice size CRT a few years back before teh HDTV thign hit and dont have the money to piss away on what is essintaily a screen size down grade ?? , if i'm going to replace my old wid screen CRT , it is goign to be with soemthing that is 32 + inches (my wide screen crt is 30 inches ). 32+ LDC HDTV's are NOTcheap i dont care what kind of rich ass hole you are , most 32's go for around 400-500 and that IS NOT cheap period besides i have composite hook ups and the 360 looks just fine using that[/citation]

Most 32" LCD's go for around $300-$400 and I'm being generous with that because I can find them a heck of a lot cheaper online and/or used.

The funny thing about your argument though is that $400-$500 is way too expensive for a TV so you can play your $400-$500 console and the $60 game. Irony?

G

I'd like to know more about the specifics of this text problem. What percentage of SD TVs does it happen on ? If this is a widespread problem, then BioWare is totally at fault here. I can't believe the morons saying that people should just "go buy an HDTV or monitor". The Xbox 360 supports both SD and HD. Just like the developers can't assume that there is a hard drive attached, they shouldn't assume that users have an HDTV. The fact that HDTVs have gotten cheap is irrelevant. And don't even go there with the 19" monitor argument. I'm pretty sure most people have their Xbox consoles in a family room / living room hooked up to a decent size TV. There is no way a 19" monitor is going to be a good solution for those people.

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
jenesuispasbavard 02/06/2010 7:45 PM

Do you really need subtitles? My Effects and Music volume is at 50%, SPeech Volume is at 100%, and I can hear everything just fine...

You know, US is not the whole world. For some, spoken English is way harder that readed english.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]AdamB5000[/nom]The argument that "if you can afford the 360 and a game then you can afford a 19" monitor" is stupid. First, why would someone want to go out and buy a 19" screen when they already have a perfectly good 32" set in front of their couch? That's money that could be spent on another game! (or five)That directly leads me to my 2nd point. Why downgrade in size so much? I see so many ignorant tv buyers say things like, "I'd definitely take a smaller screen for better resolution." Do you realize that no one in the history of the world has ever installed their tv and muttered the comment, "I wish I had gone smaller." Too small of a tv is often an issue. I'm not sure why someone would want to connect their XB360 to a 19" screen so they have to sit two feet away slouched over in their little wooden chair. Sitting back eight feet while lounging on a couch gives a much better experience. I say all large screen SDTV users SHOULD be upset about this. What a great oversight by the game maker.[/citation]

Hey there buddy, you better leave me and my little wooden chair out of this.

Honestly, I grabbed Samsungs 25.5" monitor off of newegg for $250(ish). Built in TV-Tuner and has speakers (despite what the description says).

Status
Not open for further replies.