Bit of an odd situation

Ryan_272

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017
So I disabled my Intel HD graphics on my acer vn7-591g-74lk. And my LCD is broken on my laptop, so I use a TV with an HDMI port as my monitor. I am unable to retrieve the picture on my TV, and I can't walk through the BIOS without the screen, is there any way I can do this without paying $150 to repair my LCD.

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
You need to clear the settings.

this can be done a number of ways, but for laptops typically you remove the cmos battery.

Unplug the laptop from the wall.
Remove the laptop battery.

Disassemble the laptop taking careful note of screw location and order.
disassemble until you see the silver button battery. This small watch battery is what holds the BIOS settings while the PC is off - removing this power source causes all settings to be lost.
Remove the CMOS battery for at least 5 minutes to allow all residual charge to leave the laptop, and cause your bios settings to be lost (no data will be lost).
Reinstall the CMOS battery, pin the laptop back up, and you should have your integrated graphics back on. (along with all other BIOS settings being back to factory)

Ryan_272

Prominent
Feb 13, 2017

So, I believe I have found the CMOS battery, but it's in my hard drive. It's on the back of the hard drive, indented in a motherboard like surface all covered in a sheet of thin plastic that seem irremovable unless I cut it open. Should I cut it open?