Question Bitdefender Security Software doesn't scan system apps Total/Internal Security products

Status
Not open for further replies.

professorjarhead

Estimable
Jan 2, 2018
Bitdefender security software including Bitdefender Total Security and Bitdefender Internet Security do NOT scan any systems apps, nor any Pre-installed apps. This the exact words according to the Bitdefender Romanian Developers.

Devices: OnePlus Nord 10 5G Android 11, Oxygen OS 11 (a 'crappy' phone)
Apple IPad 7th Gen

My other security apps IE: Malwarebytes scans and indicates 319 apps 226 files. Bitdefender scans and indicates 55 apps. Bitdefender app doesn't scan any files.

How does Tom's Guide miss this in their Evaluation of this Security Software and Recommendation?

The Romanian Developers I spoke with on the phone say that their security software is not designed to scan the system apps or any personal files like my Microsoft Office files, et al.

Note: Bitdefender security software does Not scan any Apple products like my IPad. A waste of a subscription.

PS: The Bitdefender Box 2nd Gen won't connect to any of my devices Android Cell, IPad or Samsung Smart TV. The Bitdefender Developers could not provide a Fix.

Why and How does Tom's Guide recommend these seriously flawed products.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Because Bitdefender is a great security system that stops virtually all viruses from getting into your computer. If it stops them from getting in, you really don't have to worry about password secured apps and certain other areas, because they the virus was never was allowed in to begin with. I have had it for 15 years, and will continue to use, and reccomend to my customers.

professorjarhead

Estimable
Jan 2, 2018
WRONG! My devices have identified (Malwarebytes) malware and virus that Bitdefender doesn't even detect. Plus Bitdefender Developers and Support admit that Bitdefender can't remove.

Bitdefender doesn't even scan or protect any systems apps or Pre-installed apps as verified by the Bitdefender Romanian Developers.

Anyone that falsely believes that Bitdefender is protecting their devices must be being Paid for their endorsement?

Since Bitdefender Developers freely admit that Bitdefender doesn't scan or protect most of the apps or any of the files on any devices why does Tom's Guide endorsements? Apparently PAYOLA from Bitdefender and maybe others?

professorjarhead

Estimable
Jan 2, 2018
Because Bitdefender is a great security system that stops virtually all viruses from getting into your computer. If it stops them from getting in, you really don't have to worry about password secured apps and certain other areas, because they the virus was never was allowed in to begin with. I have had it for 15 years, and will continue to use, and reccomend to my customers.
WRONG! My devices have identified (Malwarebytes) malware and virus that Bitdefender doesn't even detect. Plus Bitdefender Developers and Support admit that Bitdefender can't remove. Perhaps your Testing needs to be more thorough?

Bitdefender does Not protect our devices as you claim. When I have been subjected to viruses or Malware, etc it has always been my other security software that has identified the threat Not Bitdefender. (Malwarebytes, Lookout, Avast-Free, Safe security). On rare occasion Bitdefender does identify that a webpage is not safe. However, despite Malwarebytes identifing a rogue and unsafe app that it can't remove, Bitdefender doesn't even see it. Bitdefender Support even with the Screenshot of the rogue app identified, admit that Bitdefender doesn't see it nor can Bitdefender remove it. And You choose to find this acceptable?

Bitdefender doesn't even scan or protect any systems apps or Pre-installed apps as verified by the Bitdefender Romanian Developers. How can that be acceptable to you or those that trust your judgement or endorsements.

Anyone that falsely believes that Bitdefender is protecting their devices maybe is being Paid for their endorsement? Have you even called and spoken to the Romanian Developers and Support to confirm these facts that they themselves feely admit? Or is it for you Out of sight Out of mind?

Since Bitdefender Developers freely admit that Bitdefender doesn't scan or protect most of the apps or any of the files on any devices why does Tom's Guide endorsements? Can you choose to be so blind or is there another motive...

I have trusted you and your recommendations for years. Yet now that you choose to Not follow up on these reports is more than disappointing. Guess maybe your benefits from those products you endorse are more important than your

I have trusted you and your recommendations for years. Yet now that you choose to Not follow up on these reports is more than disappointing. Guess maybe your benefits from those products you endorse are more important than your
I would note that you are responding to just another Tom's Guide user who receives just as much compensation from the products reviewed here as you do. I would also note that we Moderators are also unpaid volunteers.

Wolfshadw

professorjarhead

Estimable
Jan 2, 2018
I would note that you are responding to just another Tom's Guide user who receives just as much compensation from the products reviewed here as you do. I would also note that we Moderators are also unpaid volunteers.

Wolfshadw

Thank you Wolfshadow for the perspective. As Tom's Guide doesn't offer a way for direct feedback, I naively thought the folks from Tom's Guide would actually read and respond to our legitimate concerns on products the recommended. My bad. Now I have learned the hard way that apparently with Tom's Guide it is sadly only one way "communion."

Colif

Distinguished
Bitdefender doesn't scan files in password protected folders UNTIL they are installed. So yes, sure, there might be a virus in an uninstalled file, but its not active. Once its actioned it will be seen by the filters etc.

professorjarhead

Estimable
Jan 2, 2018
Bitdefender doesn't scan files in password protected folders UNTIL they are installed. So yes, sure, there might be a virus in an uninstalled file, but its not active. Once its actioned it will be seen by the filters etc.
Hi Colin,

With installed and non encrypted files Bitdefender still doesn't scan those files. Meanwhile my other security software Does see and scan those files and have dealt with the security issues that Bitdefender has proven to be incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.