Bitdefender total security 2017 not getting installed

Rameez_2

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
Hey folks. I just renewed my subscription if bitdefender but now I cannot install it. The setup doesn't seem to run. Whenever I run the setup and click yes on the user control dialog I just see the setup window flash and that's it. Tried cleaning the registry and scan the disk for errors but none found. Please tell what to do as I have already paid for it and there is no way to return it. Should I buy another antivirus? If yes then please recommend one.

Thanks

Solution
1. Check if bidefender has removal tool, this should uninstall it far better. Then try installing the new version. If removal tool gives an error, if you have a copy of the version of bidefender you was using, reinstall it and now use removal tool uninstall it.

2. Now install the new version you purchased. If it fails download RKILL, rhis program is designed to allow installation of antivirus being blocked by malware. Hope this helps

zer0c007

Notable
Jun 10, 2017
1. Check if bidefender has removal tool, this should uninstall it far better. Then try installing the new version. If removal tool gives an error, if you have a copy of the version of bidefender you was using, reinstall it and now use removal tool uninstall it.

2. Now install the new version you purchased. If it fails download RKILL, rhis program is designed to allow installation of antivirus being blocked by malware. Hope this helps

Solution