BitTorrent Behind Baffling, Bleak Bicoastal Billboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

anathema_forever

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
with the lack of context I think these billboards would have had me calling the funders NSA lovers, similar to pig lover or sheep lovers in association.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Nice to see something a little thought provoking and different in advertising.

A little call for intelligent change with openness at its end.

Ella Kramer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
These things should be taken so much more seriously than they are. Here's to all the companies and products that work to antagonize these laws and policies like torrent sites, torch browser, tor, and so on...

jodrummersh

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
"6anathema_forever , October 9, 2013 1:55 PM

with the lack of context I think these billboards would have had me calling the funders NSA lovers, similar to pig lover or sheep lovers in association."

With the lack of sarcasm as humor this would make sense

alphaa10

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
We knew about the BitTorrent of years past, and for that reason, many of us watched from a discreet distance. But BitTorrent CEO Matt Mason effectively recasts the company image, and so far, at least, makes a good case about worrisome threats to the internet as a public resource.

The latest news, unfortunately, is that our internet is under continuous siege from most of the carriers, who go to work every day pleading with congress and the FCC to erode the internet from its original promise.

We must demonstrate a widespread sense of concern-- but our concern must be sharply-focused on policy makers in Washington. Each of us should call (talk with chief of staff) our congresspeople with a brief, clear statement about our stake in a free internet, an internet that serves the American people, first and foremost. Anything else betrays the public interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.