BitTorrent Inventor Demos P2P Live Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Exactly what we need. More bandwidth sucking interwebz stuff!!! =)[/citation]
Yeah, 'cause it's the 1980's and all we need to do anymore is send text documents.
/sarcasm

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Why do PC geniuses all look like Greatful Dead junkies?

Couldn't he at least wear a nice polo shirt for his little presentation?

(Not judging him, merely suggesting a break in the stereotype)

;)

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Exactly what we need. More bandwidth sucking interwebz stuff!!! =)[/citation]
Actually it may reduce overall bandwidth, because instead of downloading the whole movie, you may need only a part of it... or you start watching and decided that it does not worth your time....

G

EHHHH>>>>????

P2P has been available for Over 1 year now. WTF is this crap .???

Here is the biggest P2P streamer in the world.. watch real time movies.. thousands of them. http://www.ppstream.com/

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]gmcd2256[/nom]EHHHH>>>>???? P2P has been available for Over 1 year now. WTF is this crap .???Here is the biggest P2P streamer in the world.. watch real time movies.. thousands of them. http://www.ppstream.com/[/citation]
learn t o r e a d s l o w e r a n d u n d e r s t a n d b e f o r e m o v i n g o n t o t h e n e x t w o r d.
"Doing live properly is a hard problem, and while I could have a working thing relatively quickly, I’m doing everything the 'right' way,"

interesting that he is able to cut the route down to direct connection. microsoft should hire this guy. at the very least netflix should. if they don't he may just cut them out of the network business all together.
my question is since the connection is going to be more direct as possible, how easy is it going to make things for the RIAA and MPAA to track people down. this seems to make ip tracing so easy even a lawyer could do it.

G

Hey stupid..

A stated a fact.. this noob is trying to re-do what is already out there. .. perhaps you better go and learn what is out there before you spit out rubbish like that.

cookiemonstah2011

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2011
once ip v6 gets in most up-to-date operating systems will randomize middle addresses thus making it almost impossible to trace those "direct" connections since it'll be easy to change them automatically.

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
[citation][nom]gmcd2256[/nom]EHHHH>>>>???? P2P has been available for Over 1 year now. WTF is this crap .???Here is the biggest P2P streamer in the world.. watch real time movies.. thousands of them. http://www.ppstream.com/[/citation]

This guy invented the P2P systems they use you idiot, god so many people have opinions without the brains to back them up.... LEARN TO READ

As for the rest of you, this is not about pirating movies, it is about streaming live over the internet, so that ordinary people can create live webcasts, stream their own productions etc, currently you need a hosting company to do it for you such as justin TV etc. This allows anyone to do it. It is a massive step for net neutrality and may well end up being far more important than the torrent service he designed (and look how huge that is) While people have to go through a host site, such as pplive or justin, they are easy to stop, it is easy for big business or governments to immediately stop the stream with a simple phone call. Not any more when this gets released.

Hats off to the net warriors, keeping things moving for the people and the the corporations/governments which are essentially one and the same thing

doped

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]Why do PC geniuses all look like Greatful Dead junkies?Couldn't he at least wear a nice polo shirt for his little presentation?(Not judging him, merely suggesting a break in the stereotype)[/citation]
I wouldn't take someone in a polo with the newest coolest haircut and whatnot jeans seriously on something like this. So he being displayed as he is comfortable, makes it WAAAAAAY more credible and trustworthy etc. nothing wrong with being comfortable when you show you know what you're doing.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I don't suppose there will ever be a way to protect designers from the effect of piracy :(
Somebody needs to invent that.
And I don't mean DRM.

Status
Not open for further replies.