Black border around screen when in game

B-Rick

Estimable
Aug 2, 2015
Hello guys. Lately, I've been getting black border around my screen when I'm in a game. I can only fix it by playing the game in full resolution of my pc which is 1920x1080 but my pc is not a very good machine so I can't play everything in full hd with decent fps. I usually play games in 720p and this causes most games to have black bars around the screen. I only had this issue before I formatted my pc and it all worked fine for 2 or 3 months. What could it be? Btw I've also just updated my gfx card driver.

And don't suggest gui scaling as I don't have it in my AMD control panel.

This website is my last resort because I couldn't find anything related to my problem on the internet. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi,

First, try to play around with the actual screen resolution of your laptop. Adjust it 1 bar higher or lower then try running the game again until you find the correct resolution for your game (this happened to me before). Lastly is to uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features. Once removed, download and install the latest driver from AMD support site. (Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download) Use the Auto Detect feature so it would give you the most accurate and latest driver there is. Reboot the laptop once installed then try it again with the game.
Hi,

First, try to play around with the actual screen resolution of your laptop. Adjust it 1 bar higher or lower then try running the game again until you find the correct resolution for your game (this happened to me before). Lastly is to uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features. Once removed, download and install the latest driver from AMD support site. (Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download) Use the Auto Detect feature so it would give you the most accurate and latest driver there is. Reboot the laptop once installed then try it again with the game.

Solution