Solved! Black/Grey bars showing on RCA 82"

Nov 29, 2021
Hi,

I just bought a RCA 82" (model # RWOSU8250) and out of the box there appear to be these black/grey vertical bars. Below is a link to the picture of what I'm seeing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CxkLkHGCdtudNeMo6

Instead of the screen being all black, the vertical bars are showing with various shades. I do not see any kind of bars when the screen is full of colour, the picture looks just fine.

I couldn't reach any kind of tech support, they were very happy to do a full replacement under warranty but I'm concerned the issue might be there on a replacement.

Should have known better than to get RCA but I really wanted the size haha, lesson learned.

Solution
Yes get it replaced, and yes RCA is not really the same company for electronics they started out as many years ago. Many of the iconic tech brands just sold their names to be used by generic Chinese factories. RCA, Nakamichi, Polaroid, etc..
Yes get it replaced, and yes RCA is not really the same company for electronics they started out as many years ago. Many of the iconic tech brands just sold their names to be used by generic Chinese factories. RCA, Nakamichi, Polaroid, etc..

Solution

TRENDING THREADS