Black Ops III Trailer Unveiled: Metal Arms, Mechanical Bees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Litmanen

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
I know people love to hate on Triple A games but i am here to say that these big boys provide great games and can push the industry as a whole to produce better games.

I just finished playing Crysis 3, the graphics are STUNNING, the attention to details, it's almost like you are right there in the game. Brooklyn Bridge covered in trees and shrubs looks amazing, and i actually live in NYC and i can tell you that is a very realistic rendering of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Of course if the gameplay is great you do not really need the graphics and all that, but there's no doubt that having games like AC Unity, Crysis 3 or this Black Ops III provides that special experience that very few games can provide.

Josh Mahurin

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
I only play these for the zombies anymore because that is by far the best part of these games. They really should just make a zombies only game and be done with the call of duty franchise. It'd be so much better.

Larry Litmanen

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
I only play these for the zombies anymore because that is by far the best part of these games. They really should just make a zombies only game and be done with the call of duty franchise. It'd be so much better.

I am tired of these zombie games to be honest, there are too many of them out there. From Plants vs. Zombie all the way to DayZ, any type of a game now can be had with a zombie in it. Killing Floor 2 seems to be getting a lot of buzz.

I miss the days when Russia use to invade countries and we were called upon to save the world, that's was at least somewhat realistic. Zombies..........come on.

Josh Mahurin

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014

I play games to escape reality not get caught up in a patriotic fervor. And I realize zombie games are a dime a dozen but they put so much more interesting features into their zombies worlds than I feel they do into the main game. Guns, multiplayer, go! I've played CoD since 2 on the PS2 and unless they're going to make an actually decent WW2 rehash then I'm not interested honestly. I know the zombies stuff is ridiculous but that's why I like it, it's fresh (the features not the existence of zombies) and well done in my opinion. I like getting some friends together and seeing how many waves we can hold against and what crazy contraptions we can build and what weird easter eggs or plot reveals are hidden where. Playing soldier in this day and age just disgusts me.

SilkyZ

Estimable
Jul 21, 2014
I am tired of these zombie games to be honest, there are too many of them out there. From Plants vs. Zombie all the way to DayZ, any type of a game now can be had with a zombie in it. Killing Floor 2 seems to be getting a lot of buzz.

I miss the days when Russia use to invade countries and we were called upon to save the world, that's was at least somewhat realistic. Zombies..........come on.

Seriously, the market is drowning in near-futuristic zombie shooters. Ooooo, but its a survival horror game.... Don't care.

Can we get a classic BF:1942 remake?

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Larry Litmanen, you are comparing Crysis 3 to COD junk?? No game to this day has trumped the visuals in Crysis 3.

I dont know if you guys recall, but the last COD got the shaft when it came to PC. Plenty of threads talk about the differences and why the xbox player or playstation player has the advantage.

Ill stick to $15 Insurgency. The general player is much nicer to play with.. and its not $60. And hell, $20 dayz is pretty fun, sure has a lot of crappy moments but it has me hooked.

Larry Litmanen

Estimable
Jan 22, 2015
If your in the 12-17 age group this is good news...

I disagree, i would guess shooters have more adults than other games. As an adult you can play a max of 1 hour a day, so you can not really commit yourself to anything that has a deep story line and required a long commitment.

With a shooter you log in, do you killing and you are done.

closetwhisperer1

Estimable
May 7, 2014
Treyarch has yet to let me down. They know how to make a game. Infinity ward is starting to slip. I bet this will be as big of a hit as world at war.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
COD actually needs to just die for like 5 or 10 years. And then be rebooted after enough time has passed that for at least 4 years straight you can't see it at stores or anywhere that you actually begin to miss it. And adults do play story games, full time jobs aren't 16 hours. 8-12 hours.. That gives you a good 4-8 hours to play any game you want. Whatever world you live in, get out ASAP. We actually have lives away from work.

hitman400

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Almost forgot it was about that time of the year. I mean, does a new Call of Duty really have to come out every year? They can't use, say 2 years polishing the game? They have stuck to it for so long they have given themselves a limit to finish by the end of each October. Just think of a new idea; if it takes 2 years to think of one so be it.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
A new Dooty comes out every year because they will make bajillions of dollars. It is a simple fact. It will not stop. Just keep f@$king jet packs out of the game!!!

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
I just finished playing Crysis 3, the graphics are STUNNING, ...

Indeed, lovely visuals, but the gameplay stinks. This review nailed it IMO:

http://kotaku.com/5985181/crysis-3-the-kotaku-review

Crysis 2 has better game play. Heck, even the original Crysis & Warhead
are more open in how they feel.

In the end, a game can look great, but if how it plays isn't very good then
no thanks. This is why I reckon GTA V has it about right, it looks good
but it also has excellent gameplay.

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.