black screen after graphic drivers re installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanitom

Estimable
May 11, 2015
Hi
i am having sony vaio laptop i5 3210m ,8gb ram,intel hd 4000 graphics when i tried to update through intel download it shows cannot update because manufacture customised graphic card so uninstall driver given by vaio i installed newest version from intel but after restart black screen was appearing.so please reply how to fix this

Solution

Hello again phanitom

If the said solutions fail to resolve the issue, I think you should restore the system to an earlier restore point.

Just in case you need step-by-step instructions on how to restore your PC to an earlier restore point, they are given here.

Let me know if this method works. :)
Hello phanitom

It seems there is some compatibility issue with the new driver.

If you are using Windows 7, you can start your computer in the Safe Mode (by pressing the F8 key repeatedly right after the laptop starts). Once in the Safe Mode, you can restore your Windows to an earlier restore point or can rollback the updated driver to its previous version.

If you are using Windows 8/Windows 8.1, you can find the step-by-step instructions to enable legacy Advanced Boot Menu in this link.

After the legacy Advanced Boot Menu is enabled, you can press the F8 key repeatedly, go to the Safe Mode in your Windows 8 and then restore the PC to an earlier restore point or rollback the updated driver.

Just in case you need step-by-step instructions on how to restore your PC to an earlier restore point, they are given here.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!! :)

phanitom

Estimable
May 11, 2015
Thanks for reply.
I am having win7
whenever i switch back to rollback changes also after restart black screen is appearing.i tried uninstalling the driver then standard vga graphic adapter is installing automatically in Device manager>display adapters i cannot able to uninstall vga adapter and my laptop is sony vaiod SVS13113FWS
series and i think manufacturer drivers are stopping using generic drivers

Hello again phanitom

If the said solutions fail to resolve the issue, I think you should restore the system to an earlier restore point.

Let me know if this method works. :)

Solution

MILBERT

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
I have the same problem , but last night i sttle the problem alredy.

What i did is:
1. I remove the cover of my notebook.
2. Then i try to unplug the cable that nearest of fan. Then plug again.
3. Clean the surface at graphic card..
Last on my notebook and then i can get throught my window..huh..no more black screen.

Sorry for my bad english.

Status
Not open for further replies.