Black screen upon turning on HP Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolinska

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
I turned on my laptop as normal today and everything was fine with the keys: WiFi light was on, the caps lock light was on when I pressed the key, the charger light was on etc. However, my screen is completely black as if the laptop isn't even on.

I've did a bit of research into possible solutions but I haven't been able to use them successfully. I've tried turning it off, taking the battery and charger out, holding the power button down for a minute, turning it on with just the charger plugged in but to no avail. I've also tried placing the battery back in and turning back on but as I said it hasn't been successful. I've tried this method multiple times but to no avail.

I can't really afford a new laptop and I'm too apprehensive to start messing around with the hardware in case it voids the warranty so any help in fixing this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

My laptop is a HP 255 G3 Laptop AMD A4-5000 for reference.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I've suggested to others who had the same problem.

- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it would boot up normally.
- If these doesn't work, do check the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up normally.
- Do also try to boot the laptop without its battery and see if it would work.
- Next is to reseat the RAM if using a different AC adapter will not work. Remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Another step you may want to try to check if the LCD is okay or not is to connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it.
- And if all these will not work the problem lies inside the motherboard itself.

Dolinska

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016

Thanks for responding so promptly.

I'm not quite sure how to go about removing the RAM as I don't know its location and as stated before I'm apprehensive about meddling with hardware. Do you have any tips for this?

I've connected a HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and it is displaying fine on the TV but my screen is still completely blak. Would this suggest a fault with my screen or the motherboard?

mshtaqq

Great
Mar 17, 2018
it is either LCD back light issue... which require you to take your laptop to an electronic technician in any computer work shop.
or it might be the LCD cable issue then you can take your laptop to any computer shop to change the cable

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.