BlackBerry 10 Home Screen Shown in Leaked Images

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Just few static images tell nothing, I had Buyer's Remorse about PlayBook $130 wasted its Android layer is no where as smooth as old IBM OS/2 to Windows 3.1. If you actually ran PlayBook you know how bad a product it is.

Still hoping RIM tanks and PB is released for reflash the way HP did for TouchPad.

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I can't wait. The real multitasking function, and the new quad-core phone they'll be releasing along side the BB10 OS looks promising. The messaging, and other handy features and Blackberry quality just top it all off. I hope they take a share of the market, it's nice to have competition other than just Android with 75% of the market.. and way off in second Apple (15%).

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]And Android looks like iOS, so you mean to say it looks like iOS[/citation]

And iOS looks like the older Windows CE PDAs, and those look like the original Palm PDAs.. and so on and on...

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Looks good. I hope RiM is successful and does not make the same mistakes that Palm did.
They seem to be heading in the right direction, i just hope its not to late.
If they can create a large enough ecosystem, i might look into BB.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
We need to develop new mobile OS what do we do? Quick, just place battery meter on the other side of the screen and make the rest look like android derivatives! DONE!

Definitely inspired by Androind, but miles ahead of what they had before.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Wow, people who judge an entire OS on the the fact that it has square tiles on a home page knows absolutely nothing about technology. What do you expect? A phone shaped like an equilateral triangle and a home screen that uses squishy yellow cheerios for application tiles?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]A phone shaped like an equilateral triangle and a home screen that uses squishy yellow cheerios for application tiles?[/citation]Where can I buy one? Does Verizon carry it?

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]How else are you going to arrange square tiles on a screen?[/citation]Square? Let's think outside of the box... I'm thinking... mandatory 3D display. Make them spherical and pop out at you!

No, I'm not serious. That's a terrible idea.

G

uh i think apple could sue and say "wait, they use our homescreen style

Status
Not open for further replies.