BlackBerry 6.1 Will Be Major Upgrade Says RIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
RIM are starting to sound promising again =D They really need a lot of work in the app department mind. I also think Q2 2011 is a little late, with google's relentless release schedule and we'll have another round of iphones by then (and another ipad) it mightn't seem as impressive then. The harware needs to match it too, They can't afford another Storm, the torch is nice but still feel awkward and sluggish. Lets hope RIM pull one out of the hat.

G

Major upgrade? Never heard this from RIM before. (cough, cough) last year!

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]They still make Blackberries lol? Smartphones, real ones I thought took these out years ago. Blackberry really? FAIL[/citation]

Your statement is fail. they still make blackberrys? well of course they do they have major market share to top it off. only one that really rivals bb market share is apple unless you count an OS on tons of different vender's as a phone market share then even android is in the major 3 with an about even 25% to apples 25% to bb's 25% Thats if you count OS's and not just the phone branding. Otherwise its all about apple and bb right now.

Though i might be one of the people leaving blackberrys phones. i read the new storm wont have that freaking awesome button screen anymore and if thats so im ditching bb soon as i find another phone i can stand. Unfortunately it is likely to be an android since there really isn't another choice. Unless RIM changes its mind and keeps the push button screen then ill stick with them.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]They still make Blackberries lol? Smartphones, real ones I thought took these out years ago. Blackberry really? FAIL[/citation]

smartphones for kids and housewives, which really make up a lot of "smartphones" market share does not really impress me. Ask a business who is worried about security which phone they're using. Go into any airport where you see a lot of business travel and see which phone dominates...

Just because you can't play angry birds on it doesn't mean it's not a good device...

mshahin

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010

Less than a month ago they showed the market share, RIM was tied with iPhone on 27%, while Android had 29%. I think this is more of a business phone, not a phone for younger kids. This is the reason you "think" they aren't worth it.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009

Really? BlackBerry isn't 'fail' because it doesn't keep up with the latest graphical glitz or has a gazillion of games and useless apps.

They aim at professional users. These don't need or want the latest and greatest, they want something that's stable, efficient and secure. In the computing world, security and stability usually come at the cost of fancy graphics or nifty new features.

Status
Not open for further replies.