BlackBerry Tablet Possibly Revealed Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I agree with otacon, RIM is in dire need of a hit too. They are starting to look like Motorola of 2008. But that (MIGHT!!!!) just be the low point of a tall apex. So far, they have failed to impress me with with their consumer offerings, but I know several people that swear by their business products.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
WHEN WILL TOMS HAVE AN EDIT BUTTON!?! I just wanted to add that they are doing quite well in the corporate and government worlds, but lets face it, they are miserable failures to date with consumer products.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I love QNX. Been using their stuff for embedded systems for many years now. If they developed the OS for BB then I have high expectations for how it'll work.

Anyone remmeber when QNX used to give away an OS and browser on a floppy disc? You boot your PC with the floppy and have a graphical OS with a fully functioning browser.

Now we know why RIM bought QNX. :)

suoeno

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
I'm trying to determine the sensibility of the time frame?If you're coming off an orig smartphone tech design and production background,normally you'd want to nail down and completely proven the ctrls of your current available touch UI,both by numbers and market?So RIM has what?Storm?Storm 2?Torch?It took Apple like what?4 iPhones before they're good to go with the iPad?QNX or not RIM could have seriously ensured that they got the touch UI game in hand at least their way but can they really hold on to what they're learning from BB OS 6's usage alone?

/do note I'm NOT an Apple apologist.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Based on the photo, the resolution is no higher than that of a BlackBerry smartphone. Everything is just bigger. I don't see how having giant icons and giant fonts is that much of an improvement over a smartphone.

rconnelly

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
Are you kidding? OS6 is going away? They just released phones with this os. I develop applications for mobile devices (web and native apps) and this is the reason we are not investing in native blackberry apps. We have NO idea what to develop for.

They bought torch and are now offering a webkit browser (finally three years later).

The fact that they are changing directions every few months is a sign that they are getting desperate. I will say I was a huge blackberry fan until iphone and androids hit the market. Blackberry needs a hit fast or they are done. Google may end up buying them so that they can get into the enterprise market.

Status
Not open for further replies.