Blekko Attempts to Change The Way You Search Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
How does it get these categories? It kind of seems like adding the category word to your search would be more efficient. I searched pizza. Recipes was the major category that stuck out. Well, if I wanted pizza recipes, a search for pizza recipes would probably be faster.

CharlieZ66

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Search by categories. Use of colors to categorize them. Video pop in...
It looks like another search company www.qwant.com whose beta came out a 4 months ago...

CharlieZ66

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
Search by categories. Use of colors to categorize them. Video pop in...
It looks like another search company www.qwant.com whose beta came out a 4 months ago...

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Nice idea, but you get more categories than items. It feels like a kiddie search engine... All bright colours, simplified design and barely any content.
I'm also not sure why the Twitter category always gets included. The two tweets you get to see are usually pretty irrelevant.

dsigned

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
SEO is probably the worst thing to happen to the internet since its inception. I despise the fact that I get so many freaking links to eHow and Cnet. Freaking old businessmen gumming up the works.

lunix

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
"user base that has grown to about 12.5 million, with more than 5 million searches a day" -- So, 1 search about every 2.5 days on average per "user"? That's pretty thin for a search engine. The idea could be a good one though, I'll try it.

Rommel Pacia

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
what i would like to see is a kind of progressive search (for lack of a better term). i mean, when i search for something, i would like the option to add another search parameter and it will only search from the results of my original search. kinda like the graph search implemented by FB

Status
Not open for further replies.