BlindType Could Give Android the Best Keyboard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Assuming that it doesn't continually try to auto-correct valid words that it doesn't understand (my iPhone does this all the time) then sounds great. It needs to give you the option of correcting, not just automatically do it.[/citation]
The demo shows a user very easily adding the word "Wazzup" to the dictionary without even leaving the current screen. Also, if you watch the videos, any optional words are listed at the top of the virtual keyboard so you can easily override the "corrected" word if it finds multiple potential matches.

G

It appears match the dot pattern from your typing to words that create a similar dot pattern on the keyboard, making any spelling corrections as needed. Very interesting.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
YEah, I think most people here didn't notice that.

PS: My post above had a few mixed up words. I meant to say "I wish that google, Samsung and Swype were mixed together for my needs". I love swype, but need spellchecker with instant access to voice mode and cursor pad... mixed that with BlindType and it'll be killer.

apercu

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Yeah! Now I can drive while drinking my coffee AND send out coherent messages. :p Whatever happened to the backspace button?
Joking aside, that's actually really impressive technology. I'm already impressed by that T9 thing on non-qwerty phones.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I'm with the guy that said neat software...but iffy name choice. I've got no problem typing on my iPhone at all, but then again, that IS thanks to really great autocorrect software, and its accuracy. I'd like to see this running on an iPhone, or at least a demo of it.

Cool stuff! :D

G

So instead of this software making its way to Android, iOS, and others, Google bought up the company and is now only going to let it be on Android. Hooray for Consumers!

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
It would be nice if we can take this software and auto-correct "teh txt type liek dis u kno i be gangsta" into proper English. And force them to read it before they send it. English grades will increase exponentially.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]So instead of this software making its way to Android, iOS, and others, Google bought up the company and is now only going to let it be on Android. Hooray for Consumers![/citation]

The way the technology market works... there was a good chance that MS, Apple or RIM would have bought the tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.