BlindType Could Give Android the Best Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

paigeinfull

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Wow that really is amazing (that's really weird to get excited over a virtual keyboard lol). It'll be interesting to see how it actually pans out.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
On my Samsung Galaxy S phone, it comes with 3 input types... and I like them each, but with they were together as one.

1 - Google Keyboard: because it has VOICE and Multi-word spell check/choices. So I do use voice mode for texting. Pretty accurate, even in mild-noisy areas.

2 - Swype : I love it! Works great. But I'm not a great speller so if I can't spill a word correctly, I am SCREWED - period.

3 - Samsung Keyboard: It looks the best, good layout. Includes a cursor pad screen - which is big time needed. Has extra keys I can use.

Switching between the keyboards varies - some is stile (google to anything else), but going back tends to require settings menus :( So I use Google.

zinabas

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]thefog101[/nom]This is brilliant, what i would do to get a look at that source code![/citation]

Seeing as the program is for people who can't type I'm thinking probably no one could read it.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
holy crap that's frigging awesome!!!

one thing I HATE about smartphone is the small keyboard and crappy autocorrect system...

this makes current system look like movable type from 1500s....

thedokok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
You can make anything look good in a canned demo, but I'm for anything that will improve virtual keyboards. That example looks pretty staged to find particular, super bad typing strings that android and iOS won't correct, real-world typing is rarely that specifically awful. I find the ipod autocorrect pretty good and unobtrusive, but the software can always improve.

I tried typing that sentence (the correct one, not the gibberish one) and on both android and iOS it nailed it every time, no matter how quickly and inaccurately I tried to type. If I typed that exact gibberish string in though, they couldn't do it, but I think it is a bit of a staged case.

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
PLZ remove SDWEII the g`damn spammer.,.

Hunt down the ip and block it...

Spammers are becomming more frquent these days.....
Gives em good google scores X(

G

forget touch screen, i need this for my physical keyboard, touch typing is not my forte but if i can randomly punch keys in the general direction and have the software sort it out for me my productivity would go through the roof

lukeiamyourfather

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
Swype has far exceeded my expectations on my Droid X. While this BlindType helps with accuracy it still looks really slow compared to Swype since users still have to hunt and peck.

xpax

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
[citation][nom]lukeiamyourfather[/nom]Swype has far exceeded my expectations on my Droid X. While this BlindType helps with accuracy it still looks really slow compared to Swype since users still have to hunt and peck.[/citation]
Agreed. This is still very slow compared to Swype. I was skeptical at first, but I've come to the conclusion that I couldn't live with a phone that didn't have Swype anymore.

xpax

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
[citation][nom]lukeiamyourfather[/nom]Swype has far exceeded my expectations on my Droid X. While this BlindType helps with accuracy it still looks really slow compared to Swype since users still have to hunt and peck.[/citation]
Agreed. This is still very slow compared to Swype. I was skeptical at first, but I've come to the conclusion that I couldn't live with a phone that didn't have Swype anymore.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Assuming that it doesn't continually try to auto-correct valid words that it doesn't understand (my iPhone does this all the time) then sounds great. It needs to give you the option of correcting, not just automatically do it.

G

if the feature is exclusive to android, it will give a very good edge. people will buy more android phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.