Blizzard Exploring Diablo Concept for Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Bad Idea, keep games like this away from consoles. Compared to the PC consoles are very limited on capability, which means dumbing the game down graphically and they way it's controlled to fit on a console platform.

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
So...I'm glad game's graphics haven't improved for the past few years despite better hardware.

I wonder why?

/sarcasm

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Kevin Parrish[/nom]Sorry, but Diablo III needs to be on console with the a cross-platform ability ...[/citation]
Certainly not!

impulsefire911

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
no, if blizzard does this then what will pc gamers have left? absolutely nothing. Consoles are what is limiting the pc because of all the restrictions. thats why all pc games now are console ports EXCEPT for the tiny few companies smart enough to realize how much better and superior the pc is, lets not mention the community is a bit more mature as its not full of 8 and 12 year old nostalgic spoiled brats

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
As long as it allows mouse/keyboard controls. :)
Final Fantasy: Dirge Of Cerberus was a PS2 were you could use a mouse. :)

I remember playing Diablo, it was fun a as hell. Then Diablo 2 was released. That took away many hours of my life. I rocked a pimping Paladin. The expansion came out, more of my life gone as a druid.
I really hope they don't spoil the amazing franchise, but if done properly, I can easily see it being on consoles.
Just hopefully they become a little more mod friendly.

soccerplayer88

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
[citation][nom]matt314[/nom]Diablo was on PSOne![/citation]

As well as the original Warcraft game. This isn't something new to Blizzard.

Multi-platforming? No thanks. I'd rather not be divulged into the realms of Xbox and Playstation fans.

They've already said that this platform game won't be Diablo 3.

G

360, PS3, PC playing together.
I think that is every game developers fantasy

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Why not? We are all fans, and maybe somebody somewhere who got a PS3 for Christmas 2 years ago but can't afford a screaming machine would like to play Diablo III, too. I wouldn't consider it, but for someone else SURE.

pale paladin

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
stop dumbing down games so you can make money please. Ports rule the market and never look that much better on PC anymore. I'm sick of it. If they don't start making serious PC only games again I'm going to ditch windows and use Linux exclusively. Whats the point? besides our old friend greed of course. I don't have the expectation that everyone has a sweet gaming rig but for those who do.. your 5870 is a waste of time for all of the COD, L4D, titles out there.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
Why is everybody here assuming that the console release would hurt the PC version? Blizzard is a PC company, all of their current programmers code for the PC so it would be PC based then ported to the console, which means it wouldnt be effected in the slightest.

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
I don't see why they can't just release it for PC and Mac first then port it to consoles to make some extra money. Even if it's a crappy port, people will buy it. It works the other way around all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.