[ BLOCK NOISE ] -- What is the most effective solution and highest NRR item to block out 'non-constant' sounds, in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerbroken

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
please link to the best analysis of why this headphone is most effective

What is the most effective solution and highest NRR item to block out 'non-constant' sounds, in 2017?

'noise-cancel' do not work, it blocks constant sounds

from there, would filter out the options by

which has an in-built mic

but blocking out external noise is most important

please link to the best analysis of why this headphone is most effective

from there i would filter by wireless, if there's even any left by then in 2017....

ssddx

Glorious
by how you worded things it sounds to me like this is for a school report or similar.. and we do not do your work for you.

i will say that for noise suppression the only real choice are hearing protection earmuffs.

Not knowing your application I would guess that aviation headphones would have high noise blocking. Not the highest fidelity for music but good for voice communications.
In general tight fitting sealed back headphones or in ear monitors would have the best noise blocking performance.

computerbroken

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017

all uses

* what's the single best source for 'aviation headphones' -- ill have to look into those

* what's the link to the most effective example of 'tight fitting sealed back headphones'?

as for in-ear, see

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/378-headphones/2865441-what-most-effective-solution-highest-nrr-item-block-out-sharp-sounds.html#post53543761

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Audio 0
M Audio 0
A Audio 0
Warior Within Audio 0
enosseok Audio 1
SenNive Audio 3
M Audio 0
I Audio 3
HerpTheDumbOne Audio 0