block unwanted phone numbers

bonnie88

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
On my Galaxy S8, I used to be able to block phone numbers from unknown parties. Since the last update, I can't anymore. Is there a way to block these incoming calls from strangers?

Solution
You should be able to still block 'unknown' callers. Check in settings of either the phone app or the contacts app. Different devices have it in different locations. It will usually have a setting for blocking unknowns. Meaning anyone not in your contact list, and also one for blocking private numbers. If you want something that blocks more, or gives you more options for blocking (sometimes even texts which are not covered with call blocking) then there are quite a few free apps you can get for that.
You should be able to still block 'unknown' callers. Check in settings of either the phone app or the contacts app. Different devices have it in different locations. It will usually have a setting for blocking unknowns. Meaning anyone not in your contact list, and also one for blocking private numbers. If you want something that blocks more, or gives you more options for blocking (sometimes even texts which are not covered with call blocking) then there are quite a few free apps you can get for that.

Solution