Blu-ray Players Taking Aim at $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

webdev511

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2005
People that pickup profile 1.0 or profile 1.1 players expecting 2.0 features are not going to be happy.

Keep in mind final profile HD DVD players sold pretty well at $250.

PS3 is still the best bet.

G

Well, it's about time SONY lowered the prices on these players. Although I don't see a future for a hard storage format if not one more DVD type format. it would be great if the BD Disks were affordable. If BD-Players hit the $200 sweet sale point, I bet their movie sales would incrementally increase by tens fold of what their distributing now. Now if only 1080P TV's were cheaper.. hmm...

G

I agree, the PS3 is still king of Blu Ray players. Also 1080p TVs need to drop in price also!

saturn77

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
No. HD DVD players were as low as $99 before prices crashed. Yes, this was during the holidays, but who cares $300 is BS. I will never buy one for $300. This is the only reason the PS3 sells. Why buy a BR player for $300 when you can get a whole gaming system and the best BR player for $399? I can't see people adopting these until they hit $150. LCD tv prices dropping steadily, but not this crap.

saturn77

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
No. HD DVD players were as low as $99 before prices crashed. Yes, this was during the holidays, but who cares $300 is BS. I will never buy one for $300. This is the only reason the PS3 sells. Why buy a BR player for $300 when you can get a whole gaming system and the best BR player for $399? I can't see people adopting these until they hit $150. LCD tv prices dropping steadily, but not this crap.

nukemaster

Distinguished
Its a glitch, it still posts.

On the topic. BD is the future(at least until someone wants more money). so the prices will continue to drop more and more as time goes on, The profile thing does suck for any players that are not flashable.

Status
Not open for further replies.