Blue snowball sounds really bad

royjitvish

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hello, I have a blue snowball microphone which does not give crisp and clear sound . Rather is bassy and muffled.
I make animation videos which needs the recorded voice quality to be good. But it's nowhere there. What do I need to do? Thanks.

My pc config-

I5 4440
8 GB RAM
Gigabyte b85m d3h
MSI gtx 750ti (single fan).

Solution
Like Superninja said, make sure its the device picking up the sound. I had one, one day it was great, the next crap. Turns out the USB connection on the back was wiggly and if I moved it just right, it'd cut out. The computer would then default to my web cams mic without telling me. If it is the only mic on your system, I'd still check the cabling/connection. The loose USB port on the back isn't exactly the most well engineered piece of equipment.

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Like Superninja said, make sure its the device picking up the sound. I had one, one day it was great, the next crap. Turns out the USB connection on the back was wiggly and if I moved it just right, it'd cut out. The computer would then default to my web cams mic without telling me. If it is the only mic on your system, I'd still check the cabling/connection. The loose USB port on the back isn't exactly the most well engineered piece of equipment.

Solution

need4speeds

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I had troubles getting the usb rocksmith cable to work. Your mic is likely similar.

(Windows 7)
GO TO. Computer , Open Control Panel , Hardware and Sound, Sound.
Click on the recording tab. Click on the your Mic, click on Properties, Click on advanced tab. Change the bitrate to 16bit 48000 Hz. Try some others. The usb mic has it's own amp and DAC so if might not support some bitrates and distort.