Blue Snowball (Windows 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Yes, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10. I bought just a cheap pop filter for £1 so that doesn't really matter, but the mic arm I got is by Neewer.

You can pick one up...

_JakeDavies

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Nope, I have a blue snowball and it's the best investment to my setup, I terms of audio, for a couple of years now. YouTube recordings are crisp and clear and talking to people over Skype I can be understood super clear. I advise getting a pop filter for it to reduce the harshness in your 'S's' but there really cheap anyway so it won't break the bank.

I have mine on a cheap mic arm which is another thing worth looking at.

LegitStryker

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016

Awesome! So you are using Windows 10, and the microphone? Also, any specific pop filter, or mic arm I should get?

_JakeDavies

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015

Yes, I'm running the latest version of Windows 10. I bought just a cheap pop filter for £1 so that doesn't really matter, but the mic arm I got is by Neewer.

You can pick one up for £14 or so.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer%C2%AE-Microphone-Suspension-Scissor-Included/dp/B00DY1F2CS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456244741&sr=8-1&keywords=microphone+arm

But if you need a cheaper option then this racksoy is a decent quality arm as well!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Racksoy-Professional-Adjustable-Microphone-Broadcasting/dp/B00GLJDMPO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1456244741&sr=8-3&keywords=microphone+arm

A mic arm isn't needed and will ever so slightly be in your peripheral vision but you will sound louder due to the mic being next to your mouth and I think it makes your setup look a lot cooler!

Solution

SwazieD

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016

I did, I had to contact customer support and download a driver for the Snowball to be used in Windows 10 but now it works great. It even says on their website that it's not compatible on windows 10 but I didn't know that before buying it but it's an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.