blue tooth soundbar

mslefty

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
have a blue tooth enabled sound bar can it work with my Westinghouse flat panel tv that I don't believe has blue tooth. Is there some kind of adaptor?

mgolus

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

I don't know of a single TV that supports streaming audio over bluetooth out of the box. The bluetooth feature found in many sound bars is more designed to be able to stream music from a smartphone or tablet.

Your TV should have at least one analog or digital outputs that you could use to output a signal to the sound bar over a wire. That's the typical configuration. If your sound bar is in such a position that this isn't possible, you could look at a device like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Stereo-TV-Transmitter-Bluetooth-Dongle/dp/B004T0CEBK

This device plugs in to a 3.5mm (standard headphone) jack and will allow you to stream via bluetooth to your sound bar. There are a few downsides to this approach:
1. Cost of the device
2. You need to be able to power a device like this. The description says it comes with a power adapter. It will need to be plugged in somewhere.
3. Sound quality. While bluetooth audio sounds decent, sending the sound via a wire will give you a much better sound.