Blue vertical line on my Samsung 4K tv

Tarek1989

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
My tv is less than a month old and I noticed a blue vertical line closer to the left side on the tv on my 4K Samsung device .and I tried picture test and didn't really solve it but I pressed the blue line with my finger and ta gone .!!what does that even suppose to mean ? Is it fixed ?

Solution
depending on where you actually pressed, it is likely you pushed on a area at the base of the panel where there are bonded tab cables that run from the actual lcd panel to the bottom side circuit boards. It's not a good sign because if the bonded tabs fail, they are NOT repairable and the set needs to be replaced. I would certainly keep a close watch on things... as this is potentially the "first step" towards a panel failure.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
depending on where you actually pressed, it is likely you pushed on a area at the base of the panel where there are bonded tab cables that run from the actual lcd panel to the bottom side circuit boards. It's not a good sign because if the bonded tabs fail, they are NOT repairable and the set needs to be replaced. I would certainly keep a close watch on things... as this is potentially the "first step" towards a panel failure.

Solution

Tarek1989

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016

Am afraid you are right .
But the good thing I have one year warranty one it and hopefully it will get changed before it warranty expires