Blue Yeti Microphone

gazum123

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hello,

My headset decided to die and I have been looking at the Blue Yeti Mic.

I have heard is a very good mic however I wanted to be able to hear pc sounds using my new mic. I understand that it has a 3.5m jack for headphones and was wondering if anyone knew if you could plug your Yeti into the PC using the usb cable and then use the headset port to pass the sound from the PC to your headphones using the Yeti ? That way I could use it like a headset but also get the amazing sound quality

the 3.5mm headphone jack is an output and not an input and will not work in the manner you want. also the mic itself doesnt record anything that would be handled the software suite you are using instead.

what you want to do sounds similar to a lets play in that you need to hear your pc audio (game sounds) at the same time as your voice.

this may be accomplished using stereo mix http://www.howtogeek.com/61037/how-to-record-from-multiple-audio-devices-simultaneously/ or the various other ways youtube lets-play hosts record audio.

it could also be done with a usb audio interface device with xlr mic (like the at2020) with pc audio routed through the box and your headphones plugged in to the output.

gazum123

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Ah dam that sucks.

I know when you plugin the blue yeti it appears as a speaker along with a recording device and was hoping to be able to plug headphones into the 3.5mm so that I could heard pc sounds through the mic IE if I were playing a game.

gazum123

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah I know the recording part just wanted to know if I could say plugin a headphones into the miuc to head pc sounds. Recording wise I can do that fine but I want to use say normal ipod headphones with it