Blue yeti recording issues

Smileymoo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
My blue yeti is hooked up as speaker and mic. I have my headphones plugged into the Yeti. When I play music and speak I hear them both coming through as they should. But when I hit record (via audacity, or sound recorder) it says there is an issue with the input device. If I turn off the music and hit record it records my voice fine.

as a side note anytime I open up the music (youtube, windows media player) i hear a "click" sound in the headphones, as if its switching an output.

I just want to monitor myself while recording and be able to hear the music. Any help would be great.

Solution

Thanks so much for writing back and helping :) I will have to try that as well :) I figured it out that the overdub I think it's called was on?? So once I clicked on/off it, it let me play the music while recording my voice. A friend told me to lay the mp3 on the track for audacity and then hit record and it plays the music and records my voice, but anytime the music was played (on audacity or via windows player) it would click like as if...
Hello.

You should set Audacity to the correct input. Use Windows WASAPI for the recording device, not the Blue Yeti. If not set to WASAPI, you will not record the music, only the voice.

I don't see anything else, unless you use Windows 10, which is still incompatible with Audacity afaik.

Smileymoo

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Thanks so much for writing back and helping :) I will have to try that as well :) I figured it out that the overdub I think it's called was on?? So once I clicked on/off it, it let me play the music while recording my voice. A friend told me to lay the mp3 on the track for audacity and then hit record and it plays the music and records my voice, but anytime the music was played (on audacity or via windows player) it would click like as if it was switching over and not record ie pop up error message about input device etc. But I am curious, if I switch recording to not Yeti, but to wasapi, will it not record my voice through the Yedi mic? And if I switch it that way (to wasapi) and play music say via windows player whiel singing, it will record both music and me singing you are saying?

Solution
Oh, guess you solved it then?

It should record both your voice and music in WASAPI. Just be sure to unmute the microphone in the windows Volume Mixer in Windows 7. ^^ If it works or not depends on your sound card though. Just try it out and see if it works.