Blue Yeti Used as SPEAKER ISSUE

AwkwardStageB

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015
So I just got my blue yeti and its perfectly fine for recording audio and all but when I plug my headphones in and use it as a speaker for listening to any audio such as Youtube or whatever it emits this HIGH PITCH Screaming sound and I for the life of me cant figure out how to get rid of it.

Any ideas? Could use all the help I can get.

Thanks,
Billy

AwkwardStageB

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

My blue yeti is just normally plugged into the computer via usb. Then I take my heaphones and plug them into the aux jack on the Blue yeti mic. Whenever I watch something or hear a sound it emits this high pitch squeal and I dont know why. Headphones are turtle beach regular jack headphones.

AwkwardStageB

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

But then how am I suppose to hear my own voice when I record? There should be a solution to be using my headphones with this blue yeti mic. Why else would they have the jack for it?

AwkwardStageB

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

It has nothing to do with the headphones. Just found out. I just tried recording and it's picking up the same high pitch sounds.... NO clue what to try now...

AwkwardStageB

Estimable
Apr 25, 2015

the laptop has a built in mic an its worked before with no issues.... Ive also used a headset so its either something is wrong with this blue yeti or the settings...