Question Bluetooth Devices not recognized

Telescopist

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
Hello everyone,
Just received a Dell XPS-13 (9370). When I go to 'Bluetooth and other devices'/'Add Bluetooth or other device', the laptop does not recognize any devices such as a mouse, speaker, etc. The only way I can get the mouse (for example) to work is if I attach a USB Type C to USB 3.1 female adapter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It may not be the computer so much as the device(s). I would check on the devices themselves, with their manufacturer, to make sure that you have the correct drivers, etc., for that device and your new computer.

You may also want to try going here... https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-13-9370-laptop/diagnose ... and run the diagnostics, as well as, see if your drivers are up-to-date.

Remember not all devices automatically work with all computers, especially bluetooth and wireless devices.

Telescopist

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
It may not be the computer so much as the device(s). I would check on the devices themselves, with their manufacturer, to make sure that you have the correct drivers, etc., for that device and your new computer.

You may also want to try going here... https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-13-9370-laptop/diagnose ... and run the diagnostics, as well as, see if your drivers are up-to-date.

Remember not all devices automatically work with all computers, especially bluetooth and wireless devices.
Okay. Thanks for the comments. I'll just add that I've been on the line with Dell Support for over 2.5 hours. She tried I'll hand it to her. She updated some drivers, a firmware update, a bios update, and maybe a few other things - it's all a blur at this point in time.

I'll add as well there are hundreds of people who are experiencing this problem and of course some of them are at wits end. I'm not all that frazzled because it just came out of the box and if I have to, I'll send it back. Currently I am resetting the laptop. She is supposed to call me back. This is taking another hour or so but I got plenty to keep me occupied.

I'll add one more thing that all of my devices that require a Bluetooth connection (Bose speaker, Tao Tronics Headset, MPOW headset, etc.) work seamlessly on all my equipment going back 8 years.

It has always been baffling to me how a company like Dell that surely is monitoring Internet traffic about their products with continue to not do anything about the problem.

Telescopist

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
So it sounds a lot like a flaw in their device. SMH To many things come out of the box with problems anymore.
Do let us know what happens.

Yes. One thing that irritates me is when someone seeks help, people respond, and then you never hear anything back about what happened!

So...

Finally after what seemed like an inordinately long time @(3.5) hours the Dell XPS 13 reset. I went through the initial motions of activating it. Then I jumped right in and attempted to pair/connect with my various Bluetooth devices. I even dragged in 4 or 5 Bluetooth devices from another office. None of them were displayed when I clicked 'Add'.

I've got a request in to the seller on EBay that I want to return this laptop. I think that is it for me when it comes to buying refurbished products. Although in this instance the problem with Bluetooth exists whether the Dell is refurbished, used, or new.

Yeah, I can understand that. Personally I am not a fan of buying used electronics. They are made a tad to disposable anymore as it is.

Personally, this is why I don't buy new electronics or software right away when they come out. To much goes wrong right away that doesn't come out until months after. Always a good idea to take product research a step farther and check online forums for issues before purchase.