Bluetooth not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhydiansmith

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5720, and I never knew that it had bluetooth. I've pressed the bluetooth button on it several times before and I just got a message saying "No Bluetooth Device". Then, yesterday I pressed it and it said "Bluetooth Enabled" and a blue light came on. I was really suprised. Then later, when I turned on my laptop and pressed the button hoping I could do things with the BT, I got the "No Bluetooth Device" message again and I was dissapointed. So, I went on the Acer website and downloaded two different BT drivers for my laptop, and both setup.exe's gave me a "No bluetooth device detected. Please make sure that your bluetooth device is plugged in properly to continue the installation." What can I do to get my Bluetooth back?

What is the exact model of the laptop, i.e. the numbers/letters after the 5720. I ask because there seems to be a fair amount of older/newer laptops with the same designation. You can call acer up and see what they have to say, as they should have the exact specs in front of them. If it does indeed have it, it sounds like there could be an issue with the BT module inside the laptop.

G

You have a bluetooth in yr notebook, believe me
do the following:

press the Fn+F3 together
a window will appear to you
in front of Bluetooth u will find two box : one is On the other is Off

100% "OFF" is still running
please pree on.
In second u will be able to send photos or music or video to/from yr notebook

tell me if iit's ok
maziz55@hotmail.com

Thanks