Bluetooth on old Sony home theater system

Nov 9, 2018
Hello. I bought a bluetooth converter BTA 10 for my old 2010 Sony home theater system. It wont work and I've been told the theater received needs to be updated. Anyone know how to update it? Please help me! I really want to hear my music

The bluetooth receiver you got should connect to the aux or any analog line level input on the Sony. Pair your phone or other music source to the receiver and select the input you connected it to on the Sony. Select a surround sound mode for music or use stereo if you prefer.
The level might be a bit lower than other sources so just turn the Sony volume up.

Nov 9, 2018
The home theater system does not have aux input. It only has audio lines in and out. When the BT adapted is plugged in I cant get sound from the speakers. I know the BT adapted works cause I plugged it into an old Bose. I talked with a rep. From harmankardon.com That is where I purchased the BT received
He said the home theater system must need an update

Nov 9, 2018
I've already been told that this BT receiver wont work for my system. Guess I was just looking for some hope here. Anyone know of any BT receiver that will work for and old home theater system?