Bluetooth speaker turn off when volume is raised.

Rhysta

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015
I have a speaker problem, I bought a Milwaukee M18 Jobsite Radio Charger and no matter what I listen to (Bluetooth, radio, aux), the speaker will turn off when I raise the volume above half way. I have returned it and they gave me a bran new one which did the same thing. My current phone connected to a friends model and worked fine but both of mine have this problem. My iPhone X plays sounds louder than this speaker which shows there is a problem. Also near my work is a construction site where they have this exact speaker blaring all day without a problem.

Solution
Since the problem happens with all three inputs your phone is not the issue. The built in radio can't be affected by anything outside the M18. Can you check that the line voltage where you have it plugged in? Low line voltage could limit the volume and maybe slow down charging too.
It is possible that they have a bad run of M18s. The replacement would have likely come from the same run so would have the same problem. Contact Milwaukee and see if they know about the problem.
Since the problem happens with all three inputs your phone is not the issue. The built in radio can't be affected by anything outside the M18. Can you check that the line voltage where you have it plugged in? Low line voltage could limit the volume and maybe slow down charging too.
It is possible that they have a bad run of M18s. The replacement would have likely come from the same run so would have the same problem. Contact Milwaukee and see if they know about the problem.

Solution