Bluray player + PC

Derick0

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
can i use my bluray player connected to my pc? when i tried to use it while being connected to my pc the sound wouldnt work (my monitor doesnt have speakers so i have speakers connected to my pc)

Is there a way i can get the sound to work or am i gonna need to use a tv with the bluray player?

Solution

OK, your monitor has no speakers, that is why you don't have sound. The computer does not know what you have connected to the monitor, it only plays sounds through the computer. It's like trying to make eggs, but instead of putting them in a pan on the stove, you just put them on a pan on the counter and then turned the stove on. The stove has no way of heating the eggs unless they are connected.

Some monitors with HDMI but no speakers have an audio output you can connect speakers to, see if yours does. If not, you need a...

ledhead11

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014
If you're talking about a stand alone player your would need some kind of capture device. There are analog USB solutions that are affordable but if you want to keep it digital you would likely need a card or more high end USB3.0/3.1 HDMI version thats HDCP compliant. Primarily they don't make devices for connecting standalone players because of piracy.

In re-reading your post I think I understand. You've got the player connected to the monitor(probably via HDMI). If your PC has analog audio in(most do for MIC's) and you player should have analog RCA(red-white jacks) out then you can get a cheap adapter and feed to your PC. Then make sure your sound settings for the mic input are on and you should hear sound from the pc speakers. If the player has a headphone jack you could try plugging the speakers in to that if they only have the standard 3.5.mm jack. If the speakers are using RCA style then try plugging them into the player directly.

If you're talking about an internal player then I recommend simply using the software that came with it or perhaps something like VLC, PowerDvd or the roughly other dozen. If you're using an internal drive please elaborate and I might be able to help you further.

Derick0

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017

it is connected by hdmi to my monitor http://www.samsung.com/ca/audio-video/blu-ray-player-j4500/

OK, your monitor has no speakers, that is why you don't have sound. The computer does not know what you have connected to the monitor, it only plays sounds through the computer. It's like trying to make eggs, but instead of putting them in a pan on the stove, you just put them on a pan on the counter and then turned the stove on. The stove has no way of heating the eggs unless they are connected.

Some monitors with HDMI but no speakers have an audio output you can connect speakers to, see if yours does. If not, you need a monitor with speakers, or as in the post above, a capture card or some way of getting the sound from the player to the computer which can then play the sound.

Solution

ledhead11

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014
Well. . . .I honestly didn't know players with literally only one kind of output existed these days.

Having said that, even though the monitor doesn't have speakers perhaps it has either a headphone jack or audio out jack. If it does then connect that to your speakers.

-