Bluray player stuck on logo screen, Virus?

Robert5432

Distinguished
May 3, 2012
I have an LG BP 120 Bluray player that is stuck on the the opening logo screen. I'm wondering how I can fix it.
There are two things I think may have caused it.

When this happened I was dealing with a nasty PC virus that kept rewritting the OS on my PC, (windows kept reinstalling parts on reboot). The player has a USB port and I was moving the external hard-drive from my PC to my player. The box on the player does say 'powered by Java' so I'm wondering if it's possible for my PC virus to have jumped onto my bluray player and corrupted the firmware. (if so there's probably nothing I can do)

Other than that I kept putting food on top of the player as it's right next to my monitor. There were drips of juice or other liquid food that got on the top. The thing is there is only one edge between two sections plastic along the front were it may have seeped in if that's even possible. If that may be it, is there anything I should know if I want to open it up and clean the inside to see if that's why it's not working?

....Or LG makes great players that break down after a year.

thanks. Robert.

The virus idea is the least likely. Liquid is not friendly to electronics and most BD players are not built to last a long time but to be cheap.
Unless the unit is under warranty you can't do any harm by opening it up to see if there is any liquid inside. Just remove it with care. It may not help if the damage is already be done.