Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2018
I have a HP ELITEBOOK Folio G1 (W0R77UT#ABA) - the image has been wiped by corporate IT and there own IMAGE was replaced. i can not log into the computer. now i want to Boot from USB windows 10 drive. I have the dock plugged in with the USB drive plugged into the dock and dock connected to the system. i can not get the BIOS to boot from the USB or even recognize the USB. i have reset the BIOS to factory settings. i keep getting a windows bitlocker driver encryption recovery key entry screen - i do not have any recovery keys - i just want to reformat the drive and load windows 10 from the USB drive. i went into command prompt and typed in diskpart but it does not see my drive ...

Nov 27, 2018
so the bios can not be reset ? I have done it many times for our corporate department. infact I have two identical machines - the one allowed me to boot from usb and install windows 10. this unit will not allow me.

With bitlocker encryption, you NEED the password. Again, kind of the point.
There is no ability to bypass it, and you cannot simply wipe/reinstall Windows.

Take this up with your IT department - they'll be the ones with the password for Bitlocker. If they don't, they need to go to wherever they obtained the laptop - whoever set up Bitlocker encryption for the devices.

If you cannot talk to your IT department, then we cannot assist. We have no way of knowing where this device came from, nor ability to verify it's owner and will not assist with bypassing Bitlocker (or any other) encryption.

Nov 27, 2018
i am not doing anything wrong or unethical. these are my laptos and they have been replaced and we want to put OS back on these for production. i do not have access to the IT dept . i feel like i am just missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.