Boots Recharge Gadgets With Thermoelectricity

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxxfatelostxxo

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
I'm guessing these are peltiers. They're horribly inefficient. Cheap on ebay though for you would-be hobbyists.

Um. no, peltiers use electric to create a extremely cool side, while adversly also creating a hot side, i forget all the technical tid bits, but basically thats your result

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Wellies (apparently short for "Wellingtons")
Apparently?
What on earth do you non-UK lot call wellies then?

I agree with the comment above questioning the effectiveness of these - to get any noticable power out of these you'd probably end up with quite cold feet I'd have thought. It may help if you have a warm environment (the lass there might be hot for example) then it could help with sweaty feet.

I suppose there's merit in extending battery life by a few percent.

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
[citation][nom]decepticon[/nom]This probably would not work well in very hot climates as the temp difference between the ground and your feet wouldn't be that much.[/citation]

Why would you wear Wellies in hot countries? Wellies are to keep your feed dry, implying a wet environmonet.

As long as there is a temperature difference, be it positive (ie hotter insode the boot than outside) or negative (cooler in the boot than outside)the boots would generate electricity.

Status
Not open for further replies.