Bose Unveils FreeStyle Earbud and SoundTrue Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Don't waste money on these. Do yourself a favor and go buy a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s - they're easily the best headphones to be had for under $200. Any member of the HeadFi forums will tell you that, and that Bose products are pieces of $50 plastic with a $200 nametag strapped on.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I go through 3 sets of buds a year... since they're primarily an 'activity' oriented headphone, they get yanked out when exercising, dropped and stepped on, ran through the wash in my shorts, sweated into salty non-operation, and generally destroyed at such a fast rate that I buy a couple pairs at a time. I'd have to be COMPLETELY MENTAL to spend over a hundred bucks on a pair. I'm not a big fan of on-ear headphones (worst of both worlds, bulky but with weak sound) but Bose on-ear headphones are decent enough but nothing I'd buy. They're on par with Audio Technica's that cost a third less, and inferior to Sennheisers in the same price range.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Addendum: But on the plus side for Bose... they better than Beats headphones for value... Beats gets the big price for textbook marketing genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.