Brace Yourself for a World Without Facebook

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This pathetic bunch of script kiddies does not have the tools or brainpower to bring down facebook. They are just looking for attention......

G

This article is terribly written. Seriously, someone should teach Mr. Gruener how to write.

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Unless the media spreads the word, you can expect a bunch of facetards going to computer shops complaining they cannot on to FB and want to get it fixed...

G

the fact your on here reading this or commenting on it means you have no-life and those who deny this are full of shat. Facebook is a pox on society that needs to go away. I hope they succeed so ppl will know what the fresh air and sunshine feels like again.

G

About the "No one forces anyone to sign up for Facebook", well... You now tell me that all that exclusive promotions/giveaways that are on Facebook doesn't force you to sign up? Today, there is no giveaway if you're not on Twitter or Facebook.

At least, Twitter doesn't require as much personal data and doesn't link you to that forgotten high school guy you went to school with in 1967 (I must admit, that scare the crap out of me).

I don't have a facebook account, and only a forgotten Twitter account (that i used for a college work). I had that Orkut once, but... Well, i'm not into social networks (except the ones you PRIVATELY chat with other people, like MSN/XFire/Skype without lending a handful of personal data which is visible to the whole wide world).

I hope FB goes down in flames, to be honest. So I can participate in giveaways again =P.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]Plasmastorm[/nom]Well, if they do things in true Guy Fawkes fashion then it won't really matter, 1 server or 10, enough gun powder and it's toast lol.[/citation]

One can only hope.

Id go for fertilizer though.

Seriously FB can be brought to its knees. Here is how, SPAM, spam and MOAR SPAM!!!!!! A couple individuals could leverage a botnet to spam FB. Each worker could create a dozen fake accounts using female pictures and send invite to everyone on sight. Then SPAM!

Oh wait, thats how the face book operate... Damn.

Maybe more spam could help.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]stevo777[/nom]I'm sure FB has plenty of redundant systems. I really don't see that being easy to destroy.[/citation]

Go for the soft under belly of the beast. The massive user base of semi-functional retards (ie: technically illiterate users).

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
BAAAAAAHHHHHH BAAAAAAAHHHHH BAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH..

That's what you all sound like.. A bunch of sheep.. You all hate on something just to hate on it, so you can be in the "cool" crowd.

And half of you are probably hippocrits. Blame facebook for people not being productive, yet you probably stand up for games even when others use the same back ass logic against them.

Facebook doesn't hurt any one other then the stupid. I personally use it to keep in touch, and even play a little bit when I'm bored at work (theres only such much desk work a 12b can do lol).

Facebook is a tool nothing more. How it is used is simply up to the people that use it. And trust me I'm pretty sure the government has better ways of keeping tabs on you without you even knowing it other then look at your facebook page lol.

Personally I don't care if facebook does go down, but quit trying to make a big thing of it. Even if they managed to do so.. Nothing would change.. They did nothing to help the people out. How about go after large corporations/government and post some useful crap, so we can take them down or at the very least get it in the open.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom] Facebook doesn't hurt any one other then the stupid. I personally use it to keep in touch, and even play a little bit when I'm bored at work (theres only such much desk work a 12b can do lol). Facebook is a tool nothing more.[/citation]

Now there's one job your company can cut back on. Saving a little cost every single day.

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
OMG I can't wait. The only question is if its possible?
Backups upon backups... maybe they can write some software that will reboot their servers and zero-fill their hard drives!

Sorry facebook, I just don't care to know what everybody is doing all the time and don't trust you with a shred of personal information.

chmilz1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
In related news, Google announces strategic partnership with Anonymous, plans to target Apple if Facebook takedown successful.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
You gotta be kidding me! You do an article about November 5th, and you leave out 1955 and 1885!

November 5th 1955. . . I remember it like it was yesterday. I was hanging a clock above my sink in the bathroom. I slipped, fell, hit my head - and when I came to, I had a vision. A vision of this - it's the flux capacitor. It's what makes time travel possible.

G

burn it and make sure it doesn't come back its a relationship wrecker

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]OMG I can't wait, I'm almost ready to throw a party on that day! Remember, remember the 5th of November, WOOOOOO!!![/citation]

Invite all of your friends over for a V for Vendetta movie night, easy, simple, and fun.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
LOLi ahve a face book account but i barely ever check it so no loss there , it's not teh end of the world. but that said , i find it insulted that this group says we are all stupid. een IF and this sia big IF , even if face book sales data to goverments is it seriously that important ? so teh goverment knows i draw , blay bass guitar , went to such and such high school and i think cowbows suck , not like i got anything highly personal on facebook

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]I didn't read this artical from top to bottom but I got the jist of it. How can these "criminals" destroy FB. Hey, fackers, did you ever hear of tape/optical backup and having these backup stored offsite. How stupid are these people anyhow? If the server somehow got destroyed then they will get new servers put the backup on the new server and be back better then ever.[/citation]

And FB would lose credibility and goodwill (if any) amongst the customers. They could put it back up, sure, but would you keep coming back for a double dose of Anon? I wouldn't. If Anon can do it once, then can do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.