Brand new Asus i7 rog laptop blue screening within an hour of use?!

joshhewitt-

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
I have just bought my brand new asus i7 rog from John Lewis online.
I finished installing avg security and just opened Facebook and it blue screened and showed this failure "bad pool caller"

After automatically restarting I logged back in and restored my tabs only for it to blue screen again... this happened at least 5 more times whilst trying to just open settings it was blue screening.

I ran a memory check that took about an hour and didn't find anything. I then held the power button down (as it was blue screening so fast I couldnt even hit the start menu) until it shutdown completely and then left it for a short time and then turned it back on and since doing that it hasn't blue screened again after a couple of hours use.

I am considering returning the laptop to the shop and getting a replacement just to be sure.

Is this normal or should I definitely take it back and get another one?

Why would it have done that?

joshhewitt-

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
I contacted tech support and they told me it might have something to do with the AVG software that i've installed as he's had quite a few problems with anti virus software and the new windows 10 update. He has advised me to remove AVG and see how it goes.

Although, it hasn't blue screened again since i shut it down and powered it up again so, i might just leave it and see if it does it again. if so, i'll then remove AVG and see how that goes.
I've always used AVG and never had any problems with it but tech support did say that it wasn't just AVG but all anti virus software thats messing with the new windows 10 update.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Any other suggestions?

thanks