Brand New Headphones Crackling Sounds

FunkyJammies

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
Hello, I recently bought a pair of Rosewill RHTS-8206 Headphones from Newegg. I used them all last night and was very impressed, I only listened to some bass intensive songs, and chatted with a few of my friends on Skype. I put my computer to sleep overnight, and when I turned them on, for a minute or so, they played music very well. I went outside for a second, and when I came back, the headphones had a crackling sound on both sides. When I watch videos on Youtube, the crackling goes down significantly, but it's till there. I didn't install the optional software. What do I do? I don't want to RMA quite yet. I know it's not a problem with my soundcard, I tested out my normal speakers and they were fine. Any advice? Thank you in advance.

arossetti

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
Try using the headset on a USB hub with nothing else on it. I have a pair of Turtle Beach Earforce Sevens and they seem to pick up a little static when the SSD is accessed for some reason. I found putting them on their own USB controller worked. Not sure why - maybe a quirk with the Mobo.

FunkyJammies

Estimable
Aug 1, 2014
I RMA'd the pair for a refund, no way I'm gonna get another pair of junk. I tested the headset, the default volume is max, blew out the rest of the headphones, and my eardrum.