camm1221

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hi all,

Yesterday my moms computer froze on her and she did a hard restart. well when she turned the computer back on it wouldn't load up windows at all. she gave it to me to see what I could do. I tried running the windows repair launcher and figured it would fix itself, but it just froze up and blue screened after a minute or two. I tried recording it and caught a small glimpse of the blue screen and it said it was a unmouuntable_boot_volume. I tried safe mode and when it loads windows files it stops on CLASSPNP.sys and stays there until I restart it or it crashes. I tried using a repair usb for windows 7 and when I try to us the repair my computer option it shows a loading icon and then just sets there but its not froze. I was thinking its data corruption on the hdd but im not to sure. the only specs I know on the computer are.

Acer Aspire 5334-2581
250 GB HDD I think it was made by hitachi
Intel Celeron 900 @ 2.2 ghz
Windows 7 Home Premium
4 Gb Ram ( not to sure tho)

Ill try and give any information you need. Thanks to all who tries to help me. Also im trying to do this without erasing her hard drive because she has a ton of important things on here that she doesn't want to lose. Im using that as a final option. thanks