Broken Charger Port

Jun 26, 2018
I've had my Coolpad Catalyst for a little over a year and a half, and it's been working up until last month. It stopped charging without me putting it at a slant, so I looked in the hole and everything seemed fine. That is until I took a toothpick and moves it on the little charger thing on the USB port revealing it'd been snapped in half. One half is loose and the other is more stable, so I'm assuming that is the problem haha.

Is there any chance there is an easy fix to this? Every video I've seen, the handler has has to go onto the phone's motherboard and heated it up to remove the solder and replaced it with a new port. I'm up to doing this, but I'd rather not mess around with that since I don't have a very good history with that sort of thing. Is there any easier solution than this, or should I take it into a repair shop, or even just replace the phone? If anything was unclear I can clarify, it's somewhat important that this phone is fixed :)

Solution

There is no way to fix a physically broken device without a physical repair to the broken part, so no, no other fix.

Maybe we need a new religion for people to pray to for fixing electronics, lost data, etc... I'll call him "Lectro, god of stuff". You say a prayer, put your phone under your pillow, and next day it's fixed.

There is no way to fix a physically broken device without a physical repair to the broken part, so no, no other fix.

Maybe we need a new religion for people to pray to for fixing electronics, lost data, etc... I'll call him "Lectro, god of stuff". You say a prayer, put your phone under your pillow, and next day it's fixed.

Solution