Solved! Broken hdmi port and now tv won’t start

Nov 13, 2018
My son pushed the hdmi port into the tv and now the tv won’t start but the red power light is still on but it won’t switch on. The tv was working fine befor broke the hdmi port

Solution
When your son damaged the HDMI input that could be part of the main board or part of a separate board. I suspect it is part of the main board so he did some damage that affected the entire TV rather than just the HDMI input itself.
If you are going to try to repair the TV you should google the make+model+parts to find what replacement boards are available.
Depending on the size, age, and cost to replace the entire TV it might not make sense to pay a tech to repair it.

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
you could call a repair tech for something like that. it shouldn't be too expensive to fix, if it's 25% or more the cost of new tv, you might want to consider that. but that sounds like a cheapish fix--hopefully. good luck.

Nov 13, 2018
Hi there sorry I had to re write the question. My son broke the hdmi port while the tv was on by trying to stick a USB in there. The tv was working fine until he broke the hdmi port and the tv won’t start but the red power light is still working. Do u know if I replace the hdmi port will the tv turn on,
? Thanks

When your son damaged the HDMI input that could be part of the main board or part of a separate board. I suspect it is part of the main board so he did some damage that affected the entire TV rather than just the HDMI input itself.
If you are going to try to repair the TV you should google the make+model+parts to find what replacement boards are available.
Depending on the size, age, and cost to replace the entire TV it might not make sense to pay a tech to repair it.

Solution