broken head phone jack and usb

zx1000

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
my headphone jack stopped working on my laptop so i got a usb adapter and it worked fine for awhile but now my usb ports are all broke from bumping the adapter. is there any other option? someone told me this would work http://www.amazon.com/Sienoc-Female-Video-adapter-Color/dp/B00F8WFEZQ but so far i havent got it to. am i missing anything or is there a better solution or should i just break down and fix the jack and usb ports? any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Solution
That adapter would work but if your laptop does not have working USB or audio jack, sounds like you should replace it anyway. Fixing the ports will probably mean a new motherboard, and a new motherboard and labor cost to replace it may end up being what a new laptop would cost.
That adapter would work but if your laptop does not have working USB or audio jack, sounds like you should replace it anyway. Fixing the ports will probably mean a new motherboard, and a new motherboard and labor cost to replace it may end up being what a new laptop would cost.

Solution