Broken Headphone Jack, no speaker sound

sausagerules1

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Hello
My headphone jack just broke, i had some earphones in it, then it fell off of my table, and the force pushed the jack in.
After this happened, no sound came out of the speakers, I think that this is because my laptop (Acer Aspire 5732Z) thinks that an earphone/headphone is still in the jack, even though the jack is empty.
Is there any way in which I can disable the jack completely and see if my laptops speakers work?
Thanks

alvine

Distinguished
May 13, 2008
well the headphone jack should be disabled when not in use so if you dont have anything in the headphone port and you are not getting any audio you should contact acer for a fix. i hope you still have the warranty

sausagerules1

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

Yes, that is exactly what happened, when the laptop fell the earphone end bit pushed the jack in, and now the jack doesn't work, and I think that the speakers aren't working because they think that the earphones are still in the jack.

sausagerules1

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

But is there any way to manually (in the control panel or something like that) to turn off the Jack comepletely, so I can at least listen through my speakers?