Broken laptop screen and setting up external monitor HELP

Blawkyy

Estimable
Nov 20, 2014
So the screen on my laptop broke, it seems as if the connection was just bad and eventually it failed and now the screen is always dark. I was planning on sending it back because it's still under warranty but for the time being I was plugging in an external monitor into the hdmi port so I could continue to use it.

I was messing around with some settings and clicked on the Intel graphics icon on the bottom right of the screen and set it to change the display to the main screen. I wasn't thinkkng it would affect anything like an idiot and I assumed after 15 seconds it would revert back but that wasn't the case. So now the hdmi port no longer works because I think the laptop is constantly only wanting to use the now broken screen.

So is there a way to change this without being able to see anything? It would really be helpful if I could at least use my laptop through a separate screen this weekend.

By the way the laptop is an Asus G750JZ. Never buy one of these laptops though because I've had to return this one when I initially bought it for a replacement, then the replacement eventually broke which was after the 30 days of returning it so I had to use the warranty and now it is broken once again. And I spent 2500$ on it so it's safe to say I will never ever be purchasing anything from asus ever again.

Sorry for the slight rant I am extremely enraged. I hope someone can help! Thanks for reading.

qazzi

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
have you tried the fn+fxx combo to change to external screen?? read your manual or look for a pictograph of a monitor in the f1-f12 keys.. press both fn and fxx to change to external monitor