Broken Laptop Screen, hdmi wont work anymore

TheNexusWolf

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
Ever since my laptop's screen got broken where in the screen is white and i can see the cracks i started using a monitor and hdmi to connect it to it, then this afternoon i got mad and smacked the laptop but now that hard, I was playing my favorite game LoL(Leauge Of Legends) it hanged and of course i had nothing to but restart it by holding the power button after doing that i opened it again and connected the hdmi to the laptop but unusually nothing appeared on the monitor it was black and the power button of the monitor was orange(blue if it is working or connected). I have nothing to do now any Suggestions or solutions? ASAP BTW using Asus X Series

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help but most likely it's the motherboard that goes bad.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work you may need to open your laptop then unplug the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard then try it again.
- If it doesn't work again try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if that will make the laptop boot up.
- If all these will not work then it's the motherboard that is faulty.

TheNexusWolf

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016

Well your right it must be the motherboard tried doing those and nothin worked