Broken Phone on contract, what to do?

Xavier Moavero

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
I am on a Verizon wireless 2 year contract with my family and now my phone, an HTC One, is broken (http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2210033/htc-washed.html for full story). My contract is in it's first year, and i don't have the money to buy a new phone, and my current one is just ruined, anybody know what to do? I cant drop Verizon, because 3 other lines are on the plan, and i am still paying for the line even though there is no phone for it. any help is appreciated

Solution
If you did not get accidental damage insurance, get another used Verizon phone. I got a Razr M off craigslist for $80, not a super deal for that model but pretty cheap for a quality smartphone and is the low end of the prices. Just swap SIM cards, or get a new one from Verizon and you will be set. You can find some other cheaper models for a bit less than 80 like the Droid X2.
You could have added this to your original thread and not made a new one.

Buy a cheap phone for the next year and be more careful. Check out Swappa. If it doesn't work, you toasted it. No one here is going to help you scam/fraud a new phone out of them, so you're kind of out of luck. I'm not sure what kind of help you want, the only answer is buy a phone you can afford and deal with it.

If you did not get accidental damage insurance, get another used Verizon phone. I got a Razr M off craigslist for $80, not a super deal for that model but pretty cheap for a quality smartphone and is the low end of the prices. Just swap SIM cards, or get a new one from Verizon and you will be set. You can find some other cheaper models for a bit less than 80 like the Droid X2.

Solution